Osmo's special polyx oil mix that leaves the wood looking as natural and unaltered as possible.
Feature and Highlights:-
- A versatile, premium, protective oil for interior wood floors and surfaces
- Specifically formulated to retain the natural appearance of untreated wood
- Counteracts the darkening (damp wood look) associated with standard clear oils
- Provides a tough, durable finish
- Scratch and scuff-resistant, whilst protecting against liquid spills
- Easily maintained and renovated if required
- Does not crack, flake, peel or blister
- Dries to a clear, matt finish
- Based on a blend of natural oils and waxes
- Safe for humans, animals and plants when dry
- High VOC
|No. of Coats
||Up to 24m² per litre
||5ml sample, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L, 10L
Osmo Polyx Oil Raw (3044) forms part of Osmo's range of interior finishing oils and offers the same unrivaled protection as the original Osmo Polyx Oil.
New untreated wood in its original form has a light, pale character from its natural 'raw' appearance. Sanded wood also has this effect. Osmo Polyx Oil Raw is designed to retain this appearance by using a small amount of white pigments to counteract the darker 'damp-look' that develops after application of a clear oil or varnish finish.
Please Note: All other oils in the Osmo range will give a darker look than Osmo Raw. This is what sets it apart, as it really gives that natural, untreated look. Please be advised that 125ml tins are printed in German only.
Before opening the 5ml sample sachets, squeeze the packet several times to ensure that the oil, wax and resins inside are thoroughly mixed.
Wood surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt and any other surface contaminants prior to application of Osmo Polyx Oil Raw.
- Existing oil finishes should be sanded back to clean, bright wood before application of Polyx Oil Raw
- Varnishes or paints must be fully removed by sanding or stripping and taken back to the bare wood
- Sand carefully before application starting with a coarse paper – final sanding for flooring P100-150, for furniture P180-240
- Remove sanding dust thoroughly from the surface with a brush or vacuum cleaner before applying Osmo Raw
- Use white spirit to degrease and remove surface contaminates if required
- For repairing small dents or holes in the wood, use Osmo Interior Wood Filler, Osmo Interior Gap Sealer or the Osmo Repair Kit
- To keep the natural appearance of bare wood, surfaces to be coated with Polyx Oil Raw should not be treated with Osmo Wood Protector 4006 first as this will darken the appearance of the wood
How To Apply Osmo Polyx Oil Raw
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. For the best results, allow the oil to warm to room temperature and stir thoroughly before and during application.
- Apply Osmo Polyx Oil Raw thinly and evenly along the wood grain with an Osmo Soft Tip Brush, a sponge or a lint-free cloth, working the oil into the surface of the wood
- Larger areas can be finished using the Osmo Floor Brush
- Allow for good ventilation whilst drying
- Apply second coat in the same manner as the first
- For cupboards, wardrobes and drawers, only 1 thin coat should be applied
For daily maintenance a duster, mop or vacuum cleaner will be sufficient. An electric floor polisher can be used but instructions for oiled floors must be followed carefully. Floors treated with Osmo Polyx Oil Raw can be cleaned with Osmo Cleaner or alternatively, a small amount of water and Osmo Wash And Care. For stubborn scuffs and stains, a very thin coat of Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner White (3087)
Localised areas that have become scratched, scuffed or worn can be quickly and easily repaired.
- Clean the affected area to ensure that it is free of surface dust and debris.
- Rub with an abrasive pad such as a 'Scotch Pad' to remove the scratch or scuff.
- Re-apply a thin coat of Polyx Oil Raw for an invisible repair.